Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday October 1st 2009

Today I'm still sick, fighting off bronchitis and a nasty cold. It sucks, but I'm getting better.

Let's look at sports for a minute...
"Philadelphia Eagles' Michael Vick signs new sponsorship contract with Nike" Seriously? If I was a big name company I would not want to stamp my name on a prior criminal. The man beat and abused dogs then used them for fighting. He should be beaten himself not paid in this writers opinion. It's amazing the state our world is in. Hey let's beat the shit out of some poor defenseless animal and then go back to our high profile job and get paid for it. Yeah yeah he went to jail and served his time. I can hear the comments already. Bullshit. He didn't pay enough in my opinion. So he's trying to clean up his act, good for him, but he's still an abuser of animals. We'll see if this writers opinion changes.

"Cowboys' Adams fined, plans appeal" You're kidding right. Don't get me wrong this writer is a huge Cowboy's fan, but I can spot wrong just like anyone else. So this guy has done something wrong three times now? Stop fining him and suspend his ass for a couple games, see how he likes that. I'm not saying fire him we all lose our temper and do stupid shit in the midst of a high tension moment. Hell I've broken my hand before because I lost my temper when I used to wrestle in high school. I've known people to bite others and pull some dirty moves in sports. It happens, but when you're a repeat offender of it. Something has to be done.

"
Even loss can’t stop Kimbo hype machine" Kimbo win or lose is a bad ass dude. Seriously. I know I know he's gotten his ass beat the past two fights he's been in, no need to remind me I was there, hell I lost money on him. (Thanks Mark.) I still don't want to meet him in a back alley somewhere. Forget that garbage. Trust me, he's one that with a little training will be a dominate force in UFC. Mark my words. He's just in experienced right now.

In Celeb News...

"Travolta testifies
" I'm a huge Travolta fan, ask anyone. I don't know too much about this trial, I just read about it today, but from what I gather, a paramedic is trying to blackmail Travolta saying that he was negligent in providing care for his son which resulted in his death. That's messed up, no matter how you slice it. I don't know the man personally, but he seems like an upstanding guy, and nobody unless they are deranged would want to see harm come to their child. As a fire fighter and past EMT, you also don't blackmail people for your own gain. The paramedic if he is found guilty of blackmail should be arrested and stripped of his license.


Local News...
"
Syracuse firefighter released from hospital following fire" I'm relieved to read this firefighter is ok. It's some scary shit when your pack runs out of air. I've never had it happen in a live fire situation, but in overhaul when we needed our packs on I've run out of air.

"Nottingham High School student tased" What is with local cops? They seem to have become trigger happy all of a sudden. Tase first ask questions later? Wow, so the Mother from Liverpool, the student from Fowler and now the student from Nottingham. I thought weapons were supposed to be used by officers when they feel their life is in danger? I'm sorry, but some house wife or punk ass little kid isn't going to beat my ass without a weapon so riddle me this, why the use of a taser? Was this really necessary? Ok, maybe with the Nottingham kid, maybe, he did punch the cop in the face, but I still don't know if the taser was the right answer, maybe restrain the kid and arrest him but taser? I think that's a bit much.

Daily Rant:
My job has recently decided that due to a NYS recommendation all employees must get both the Flu and the H1N1 shots or they will be terminated. Let me tell you why this sucks. I'm not for or against the shots, what I am against is being told I have to do it or I'm going to lose my job. That's some real bullshit right there. People should have a choice when it comes to vaccinations of any sort. With the exception of today I'm a healthy 26 year old male with no immune disorders. Why should I have to get the shot. I've gotten it once before and felt like a train wreck for three days because of it, and on top of that I ended up getting the flu anyway a couple of months later. Honestly, I'd rather not get it. What's the point, but besides that I now have to get it because my job requires it. Awesome.

Well that's all I got for today, maybe I'll turn this into a video blog at some point. Who knows. Remember this is just one man's view on the world. You just got updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment